Saturday, 10 October 2009

Wines of Uruguay: Spread the ViRuS!

Some weekend thinking....


Viruses have three main characteristics; they are SMALL, highly INFECTIOUS and REPRODUCE quickly. These features associated with viruses have made diseases like SARS, Swine Flu and AIDS bring the whole world to a stand still! Although the title of this post may imply that WOU (Wines of Uruguay) spread these diseases – I’ll be expelled from RHUL if I meant that..lol – I am talking about a much healthier virus which has characteristics similar to the three main ones mentioned above…….VIRAL MARKETING.

The concept of viral marketing is simple, pass a SMALL but catching – INFECTIOUS- message to a group/person and then these recipients create a domino effect by sending the message to everyone or most people in their contact lists.

In reality , WOU could integrate ecommerce on its website, fix all the default links and make a portal with all the state of the art technology BUT all these will not be enough to grab the UK Market’s attention to Uruguayan wines , it may still remain an unnoticed business.

My point is that WOU should not just focus on using IT to develop its current business processes to gain customers but also consider using IT to announce its presence in the UK through Viral Marketing - which is practical for small businesses (like WOU) but very effective.


I found a very interesting viral vid on youtube from some random group on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/RayBan)....Enjoy the Video....loool (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-prfAENSh2k)

I hope we’ll talk about this issue sometime…..Have a nice wknd guys..pCe !

3 comments:

  1. Nice work man, I'll check those videos out right now and get back to you. I'm so sorry that I haven't put up the stuff we did last week, I've been insanely busy this weekend, it's been crazy, I'll tell you about it tomorrow. I'll put up our other stuff before tomorrow as well. Be back here in a bit )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I posted something earlier as well but it didn't show up... Anyways, what I said was that the glasses video was awesome!

    I think that this is a good idea and cheap to implement and I think between us we could think of a few crazy ideas that could be interesting. I doubt any other groups would have thought of this so good work man!

    I'm currently working on a mind map as we speak and testing out this mind map software that I downloaded. I'll post it back here a bit later on. It would be useful if this blog had email notification when people commented otherwise people don't realise without checking it all the time. I'm not sure if that is possible but I'll look into it and if not try and set up a more advanced site somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the glasses vid was silly but brilliant...lool.. yeah we should try and think about viral ideas when we are done with this current stage and other preliminary stuffs ...tanks for the acknowledgment Es...pCE !

    ReplyDelete